Thursday, March 31, 2005

what do you miss?

I miss school to a certain extent. I miss playing second base. I miss watching a girl walk into a room after taking a shower, with a towel around her torso and a towel around her head; the smell is a big part of the experience. I miss black people. I miss bus rides and pad thai and the click-clack sound of high heels on hard floors. I miss running ladders and hearing 15 sneakers simultaneously sneak. I miss pulling on pigtails. I miss all nighters with two packs of camels, red bull, and stimulating, nervous conversation. I miss browsing through the stacks. I miss Nantucket Nectars. I miss the indelible patterns. I miss working the register with De La Soul in the background. I miss accents, American and otherwise. I miss having a nemesis. I miss the infrequent but long-lasting sensation of getting something right and having someone who knows the difference attest to its fundamental rightness. I miss good jukeboxes.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

in which case, almost all of the shit you were missing happened to me in the space of six hours on saturday night, save for the girl in a towel thing. Went to the cove to watch Illinois-Louisville. Went through approx 40 camel lights (with a lot of help). Played Big Buck Hunter II for several hours, also consumed anti-heroic amounts of Heineken, wished the jukebox would be turned back during Mich St-UNC game, which was dentist-like in its non-fun-ness to watch. Now we have baseball.

8:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home