Friday, March 18, 2005

Non Sequiturs

Louis Armstrong has a penchant for being good. The same goes for Simmons on the Madness. A very drunk Irishman I encountered last night on the street declaimed that Pacific is going all the way. A girl I worked with asked: where is Pacific at? in response. I always pick teams I can’t stand, and then they lose. Being bossless isn’t as good as being your own boss, but almost. What rodent does Rep. Waxman, D-CA remind you of? I followed coyote tracks for my whole lunch break yesterday. That song about the tunnels is quite good. Does Adam Morrison look like the singer or the bass player to you? My last haircut came courtesy of my father, and now that my hair’s longer I can see how shitty a job he did, which sounds like a complaint but is more of an observation. The person nearest to me was just asked: “Want some dental floss?” Pizza Face just asked me to review her memo. Chiwetel Ejiofor what? Ineffable essence of what's inside you/me what? Unbroken chain of boredom what? They say a watched pot will never boil. That dog won’t hunt. People in the office are getting excited about the arrival of the Warped Tour in July. The Warped Tour, for shit’s sake. 75% of the discussion in my on-line class revolves around teaching Latin to middle schoolers. One asshole wrote his post in Latin. I now know more about the respective state legislative agendas of New Jersey and Virginia than any citizen who does not lobby might need to know. I’ve come across three quotes today that think of reading and writing as activities with which we fend off existential loneliness. Do you feel less lonely? I do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home