Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Quickly

1) She was going to have my babies.

2) I taught Johnny Cash and Aesop Rock today in class. I am so pleased with myself, I may buy myself dinner. I am going to stop trying to replicate the old, middle-aged teacher's syllabus, and go off on my own tangent. Expect Jarmusch, Whitman, Pound, and a few funny ESPN commercials to show up as fodder for the Kids.

3) Ironing confounds me. It's like Corleone: Every time I think I' m out they keep dragging me back in. I do a sleeve, turn it over, do that side, which second doing negated the first doing. So do I give up my self-respect and buy the short sleeved golf shirts, which I abhor for class-related country club childhood experiences, or do I just go wrinkled?

4) Cooking confounds me, but I enjoy it. Onions are the new Peanut Putter Fudge - bacon and fried onion sandwiches, green pepper/onion in the fried style on some cheap ass round steak, raw onions in salads, green onions in soup; also, eating celery is like flossing.

5) Going to see the Amish again today: ordering some new cowboy boots (I encompass multitudes, my friends) and some hot salsa. Evidently we might also swim, which can be a harrowing experience for the generally water-wary Amish.

6) Christological exegesis is the new reading comic books. Catholicism is the new chip on my shoulder.

7) I went on an excursion on Sunday, traveling around the rez seeing some "hot spots," one of which is a buffalo jump. These are cliffs off of which ancient paleolithic peoples would run buffalo. Very interesting. I have bones. I like this country: arid, yes, unmountained, yes, but pristine and cleansing as well. I visited a fellow teacher who uses solar panels, propane, coal, and wood for energy. Some day I will own forty acres and a house with similar power sources.

8) I dropped four or five f-bombs per class yesterday, which offense is somewhat mitigated by the situation: reading a story laden with f-bombs. I feel somewhat seduced by the desire to subvert.


be well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home